Photos by House of Stills
Say it with me: BEST. SIDE DISH. EVER. Also say this with me: EASIEST. SIDE DISH. EVER. Picture a peanut butter dumpling and now turn it into a noodle dish and VOILÀ: peanut butter udon noodles. You can probably put this whole dish in ten minutes flat, making it perfect for quick weeknight meals, or for when you’re hosting a big group.
This side dish is Franco’s favourite of all time. Most of you are quite familiar with his recipe ratings on my Instagram stories and this one is still the one that has the highest “Franco” rating of all time. He rarely requests meals, but at least once a month he asks for this!
I most often serve this to accompany my Asian glazed salmon recipe, as they work absolutely beautifully together. However, you can use this as a side to pretty much any asian-inspired main protein, be it chicken, fish, red meat, or even tofu!
I like to lay a bed of the noodles underneath the protein that I am serving, top it with sesame seeds, or my personal fave, Kanel’s Hawaiian Ono Poke (which you can shop as part of my “Gabby’s Favourites” collection here), and chopped scallions.
Peanut Butter Udon Noodles
- 600 g Udon noodles
- 4 tbsp Sesame oil
- 4 tbsp Creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 4 tbsp Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger grated
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile. whisk together all the ingredients until there are no longer clumps (roughly 2 mins).
- When the noodles are ready, strain and return to pot.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles, stir well to combine. Serve.
- I like to serve this with my Asian glazed salmon.