Photos by House of Stills
In the summer and early fall months, I find that we are hosting at the snap of a finger. I am constantly finding myself rushing to make meals, for lots of people – and they honestly usually turn out to be the best meals! That’s the beauty of summer: longer nights, less routine, and more spontaneity. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love backyard get-togethers and unplanned lunch or dinners with friends and family, so I am always up to the challenge of figuring out what to cook quickly, and usually with whatever I have already stored in my fridge.
This tuna-macaroni salad is perfect to put together in a pinch, and chances are that you probably already have everything you need to make it, in your pantry and fridge at any given moment.
This is also an excellent recipe to make ahead if you know you’re having people over for a BBQ, as it keeps well in the fridge and is served cold. You can serve it as a main with some side salads, coleslaw, veggies and dip, etc. Or, you can serve is as a side-dish to delectable barbecued protein – which makes it the perfect dish to bring to a potluck or BBQ!
Tuna Macaroni Salad
- 1 box macaroni pasta cooked
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 5 celery stalks diced
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise heaping
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans tuna packed in water drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions – drain, rinsing under cold water, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the tuna, whisking together until completely combined.
- Add in the cooked pasta and tuna, mix to coat evenly.